PublicAlerts sends urgent safety messages (i.e., stay inside, evacuate, boil water, etc.) to:
- Landline phones
- Mobile phones (voice and text)
- To receive messages you must register at PublicAlerts.org.
PublicAlerts is one of many tools Portland Bureau of Emergency Management uses to notify you. It’s not activated in all situations. Depending on the incident, safety information is also provided through:
- TV, radio, newspapers (print and online)
- Twitter and Facebook
- The PublicAlerts.org website
- The Emergency Alert System (EAS) on TV and radio
- Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) on most mobile phones.